- Optima Subsea Connector
The Vector Optima subsea connector has been developed in collaboration with some of the industry’s major operators. By using the latest FEA techniques and undertaking extensive research into the future of the exploration and production industry, Optima makes the perfect ROV connector. Innovation is at the very heart of the Optima Connector. It is capable of engaging around a hub with an angular misalignment of 5° or an axial misalignment of 50mm - whichever is the lesser. Its revolutionary Vector Duoseal technology provides a pressure energized inner seal to seal the pipe contents AND a second pressure energized outer seal to seal against the sea water. Furthermore an annulus test port is readily accessible by ROV to confirm seal integrity as well as providing a detection method for leakage throughout the connector’s life time. The hubs protect the sealring from accidental damage during installation while both the mass and space envelope are kept to a minimum, ensuring the Vector Optima subsea connector is both efficient and compact.
Simple connection. First time ... every time !
- Developed in close collaboration with some of the industry's major
operators to ensure it meets demand requirements
- Proven Technology, in use in the North Sea since 2000
- Simple & efficient design reduces initial cost and installation time
- Engineered for remote operation in the most demanding deep and ultra deep water conditions
- Unique angular and radial alignment capacity : male-female hub profiles ensure accurate alignment during assembly
- Rapid deployment with 3-piece clamp / single leadscrew
- Greater operational efficiency
- Vector Duoseal technology : double pressure energized metal seal preventing internal or external leakage (alloy 725 or equivalent as standard)
- Annular backseal test facility qualifies joint at point of assembly
- Hubs available in wide range of material grades (acc.to client spec.)
- All components of the Optima subsea connector are fully FAT tested